dazzle n : brightness enough to blind partially and temporarily
1 to cause someone to lose clear vision, especially from intense light; "She was dazzled by the bright headlights" [syn: bedazzle, daze]
2 amaze or bewilder, as with brilliant wit or intellect or skill; "Her arguments dazzled everyone"; "The dancer dazzled the audience with his turns and jumps"
- Rhymes: -æzəl
- To confuse the sight
of by means of excessive brightness.
- Dazzled by the headlights of the lorry, the deer stopped in the middle of the street and was run over.
- In the context of "transitive|figurative": To render incapable of thinking clearly;
to overwhelm with showiness or brilliance.
- The delegates were dazzled by the originality of his arguments.
confuse the sight
Dazzle can refer to:
- Glare (vision), difficulty seeing in bright light
- Dazzle camouflage, a paint scheme used on ships in World War I
- Dazzle (song), by rock band Siouxsie & the Banshees
- Dazzle (manga) is a Japanese manga series
- Dazzle, name of a playable hero in the popular warcraft III map DotA AllStars
- Dazzle (fabric), a type of Polyester cloth/fabric.
- Robert Pattinson
- Dazzle a type of sparkles that can be sewed on to clothing, purses ectara
addle, addle the wits, amaze, astonish, astound, awe, awestrike, ball up, bandage, be bright, beacon, beam, becloud, bedaze, bedazzle, befuddle, beguile, benight, bewilder, bewitch, blatancy, blaze, blind, blind the eyes, blindfold, boggle, bother, bowl down, bowl over, brazenness, brilliance, bug, burn, captivate, charm, cloud, colorfulness, confound, confuse, crudeness, cut a dash, cut a figure, cut a swath, darken, dash, daze, dazzlingness, deprive of sight, diffuse light, dim, discombobulate, discomfit, discompose, disconcert, disorganize, disorient, disturb, dumbfound, dumbfounder, eclipse, embarrass, enchant, entangle, entrance, excecate, extravagance, extravaganza, extravagation, fascinate, flabbergast, flagrancy, flamboyance, flame, flare, flash, flashiness, flummox, flurry, fluster, flutter, fog, fuddle, fulgurate, fuss, gaiety, garishness, gaudery, gaudiness, give light, glance, glare, gleam, glint, glitter, glow, gorgeousness, gouge, hoodwink, hypnotize, impress, incandesce, intrigue, jauntiness, jazziness, loudness, luridness, luster, magnificence, make a figure, make a show, make a splash, make blind, maze, meretriciousness, mesmerize, mist, mix up, moider, muddle, obscure, obtrusiveness, overwhelm, panache, paralyze, perplex, perturb, petrify, pother, put out, radiate, raise hell, rattle, ruffle, send out rays, sensationalism, shamelessness, shine, shine brightly, shoot, shoot out rays, showiness, snow-blind, sparkle, spellbind, splash, splendor, splurge, sportiness, stagger, startle, strike blind, strike dead, strike dumb, strike with wonder, stun, stupefy, surprise, tawdriness, throw into confusion, unsettle, upset, vulgarness